The second e-Learning expo in Athens was completed successfully during the first weekend of October 2010. The event took place in the Training Center of the National Bank of Greece in Glyfada. The main theme of the event was "eLearning for a better quality of life and social well being". The event included numerous technological presentations, open discussions, demonstration of e-Learning products and services, educational games and more. The Expo hosted more than 40 exhibitors and was supported by more than 20 sponsors.
During this event, the project "Raising Awareness on Development Cooperation" received major coverage. Posters for the project were placed in the exhibition area and flyers were given to all visitors. Moreover, the eLearning expo Conference, which hosted several important speakers, included a keynote by Dr.
The e-Learning Conference took place during the first day of the expo. The conference included keynotes from:
- Dr. Aristotelis Bouratsis ( Director Thematic Operations, EuropeAid EU)
- Dr. Martina A. Roth (Director Global Education Strategy, Research and Policy Corporate Affairs Group, INTEL Corporation)
- Dr. Martin Dougiamas (Founder of Moodle)
- Dr. Helen Rana (Head of Policy JISC, UK)
- Dr. Grainne Conole (Professor, Open University UK)
- Mrs Jane Richardson (EMEA Senior Manager, Oracle Education Foundation)
- Dr. Michalinos Zembylas (Researcher CARDET & Associate Professor Open University of Cyprus)
The e-Learning expo Conference was followed by an open discussion between the speakers and the audience where important questions were raised. During and after the conference the exhibitors presented their products and services to the visitors. The day was completed with demonstrations of several interactive educational games and interactive whiteboards. The second day of the expo was equally interesting, including presentations from several exhibitors, workshops on e-Learning, presentations of innovative educational tools and panel discussions.
To find out more about the e-Learning expo and its outcomes you can visit the official website for the Expo: http://www.elearningexpo.gr